Re: Bream at Guntersville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on March 31, 2003 at 16:06:36:

In Reply to: Bream at Guntersville posted by DCmoney on March 31, 2003 at 12:51:15:

DCmoney, did you ever try the 8 to 10 foot of water range?? I was over there last week and found some descent shellcracker in 8 feet of water. These shellcracker are near a bedding area and are staging for the spawn. If you can find a shallow cove that has plenty of shallow water in the back end of it but deeper water nearby, you should be able to located pre-spawn fish. Another hint is I could not get them to hit a jig. They wanted a cricket tight-lined with a very slow fall. I used a B-B size of split shot about 6-8 inches above a long shank cricket hook. Once you got it out there, they seem to pick it up once it got about 8 feet. Did not have any real BIG bully's but had a good mess of fish. I released all fish. Hopefully by the middle of April and towards the end, shellcracker fishing will really pick up. We need to get the water temepratures into the mid to higher 60's. These temps need to be maintained even at night. Once this happens the fishing will explode. Good luck and if you get out the next couple of days, try that deeper water. Thanks for the report!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]