G'ville dam

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on March 24, 2003 at 09:03:12:

Fished Saturday morning from 6:00-10:30. Caught a 10 lb. salt on second cast and then it was slow for us for an hour, mostly because there was a small amount of water and boats sitting in place around the boil in the corner. There was a little surface activity early, but we never tried red fins or creek chub poppers. The water kicked up after 7:00 and we managed a few more decent fish with another salt around 8 pounds and a 5 pound hybrid. I saw at least a dozen or two fish caught before 9:30 and things seemed to slow down. Most fish caught on the edge of the current break just down from the wing wall. Best fish I heard of was 15 pounds.

All of our fish were caught on sassy shad. I heard some guys on the wall yelling that they had some yellow tails. I saw a few fish caught on the wall, but it was not the most active day I have seen. The water temp. was 55 F, so I think it is just getting started.

I am still hearing of several good catches of some really good crappie being caught on Guntersville, but that's about all I can tell you. Well, maybe other than the fact that I can verify they have been catching crappie because I have been invited to crappie dinners on a few recent occasions.

Good luck!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]