Wheeler

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hoppels on March 24, 2003 at 09:00:20:

Fished a club tournament out of Riverwalk on Sat. and Sun. Some nice fish were caught...winners fished east of the bridge (after everyone told us that most tournaments are won west of the bridge!!)....just goes to show ya..."think outside the box sometimes"...but as always we sure had a great time...thanks to Steve Conner and all the nice folks at the marina...The Hard Dock was the happening place all weekend!!

I think fish were caught on just about everything including crankbaits, spinnerbaits, finesse worms, traps and hard jerkbaits.

Personally, I fished the flats, caught a few fish on a bleeding shad rattletrap, also fished the open gate up Swan Creek, lots of shad but not many bass (at least they didn't like what I threw..lol) and also fished down by the power plant where we caught most of our fish...water temp down there was around 65 degrees all weekend and the fish were pretty active, just couldn't catch that kicker fish..lots of short fish as though and a keeper thrown in once in awhile. Good luck to ya'll...we sure enjoyed Alabama!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]