Re: G-ville crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on March 16, 2003 at 10:00:21:

In Reply to: Re: G-ville crappie posted by Joe J. on March 15, 2003 at 23:08:00:

1/32 ounce jig heads, retrieved with a red/white cylindrical cork that had a little lead in the bottom of it. Fished the jig about 18-36 inches below the cork depending on wind, drift, trolling speed, retrieve speed, etc.

I will say that I got smoked using green braided line. It seemed much too visible for the shallow water. I think 6 lb. mono is the only way to go, at least based on how bad I got outfished. No more braid in my future for bass, stripe, crappie, or anything else.

As for location, as I said, UPRIVER on Guntersville in the back of a creek. It was idle speed only for several minutes, and was just one big shallow flat. Any significant deeper water seemed to be hundreds of yards away. I can think of several areas that meet the same criteria, but I doubt I will be crappie fishing again for a while.

I am about to gear up for the stripers this week. The big hybrids are not far away unless it rains too much and the water flow stays messed up.

Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]