Re: Stripe Running below Guntersville dam

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on March 06, 2003 at 21:47:27:

In Reply to: Re: Stripe Running below Guntersville dam posted by Red on March 06, 2003 at 14:28:57:

Depending on the current most are using a 1/4 ounce jig head to a 5/16 and they are casting it out and letting it sink to the bottom the working it back with most hits coming right after you pick it up off the bottom .The main thing is to use what ever it takes to keep near the bottom , with the standard rule being the closer up to the dam you are the more weight needed .You might get away with even an eight ounce down river at the sand bar i mentioned . A Standard #1 hook is probably what the jigs have in them if bought in a tackle store I assume .Hook size isnt a problem from the size of a lot of the stripe!!As for me I have been using a quarter ounce non painted jig head but with a # 2 hook that my dad pours.I been using a lime green 2inch mini jig skirt tipped with a minnow still hoping for that sauger !! It worked to day caught 3 !!! 2 keepers if i had chosend too, also had 3 white stripe pester me too HA!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]