Re: warrior river fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on March 05, 2003 at 06:18:25:

In Reply to: warrior river fishing posted by Donny c on March 04, 2003 at 19:40:08:

I fished warrior yesterday and the way the day started I thought we would limit out, but the front that moved in around 12 shut them down.

We were catching better fish. The largest was 1.75. We came home with 11. We found that hair jigs brown/red/smoke gray and black/black/black&white were colors of choice. We started out casting but after the front we had to slow down and fish them 2-3 ft under a cork. We caught around tops and around grass. The largest came from a top on the main river channel just below gorgas.

My dad fished and went home with 7 with the smallest at 1 lb.

The water temp ranged from 48 to 51 at gorgas the water temp was from 65 to 68 degrees. The water is stained. You can see to about 1.5 to 2 feet. There is alot of current on the river. I can only assume it is from the power company releasing water from smith since it is above full pool.

If you can go friday and saturday. I would be there. The high for Fri 72 for Sat 74 and the river will get clearer!

I will be there on sat.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]