State of the (fishing) Union

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on February 17, 2003 at 10:35:20:

For those who don't live close to the Tennessee River, three days and several inches of rain have resulted in a high, muddy, and swift river. There are several mentions of showers and rain in the current 10 day forecast, so who knows how fast it will improve. On the bright side, there are a few mentions of highs in the 60's with lows approaching the 50's for a few days. If the river settles down again in the next few weeks, and the cold air stays aways, hopefully some decent hybrid and salt stripers will start to stack up below the dams.

I fished in a pond yesterday with post frontal conditions giving way to rapidly fallings temps, mist, and a cold breeze. I found many of the young bass to be very aggressive chasing down a 1/8 oz. grub. I had bought a new shotgun this week and had it laying beside me while fishing. As a flock of blackbirds were headed towards me, I began to quickly retrieve a pumpkinseed lizard when, bam, a six pound bass nailed it and jumped out of the water several times before I landed and released. I hope the active and aggressive pond fish are a sign of things to come. I hope to head down to Guntersville soon for some bass action since it is time for the hawgs to be biting. According to other reports, 25 lb. stringers seems to be winning Guntersville tournaments regularly, but lots of people are going home empty handed too.

Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]