Re: wheeler report?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on February 13, 2003 at 22:26:40:

In Reply to: wheeler report? posted by fisher7 on February 13, 2003 at 17:59:30:

I fished Flint Creek and Limestone creek (Arrowhead landing) today and it wasn't very good. Although there have been reports of good crappie catches at Arrowhead (Limestone creek and bay) there wasn't much going on when I got there about 2pm. I talked to several folks in a few other boats and they weren't catching very many and mostly small ones. There were about 20+ boats in Limestone bay.

Flint was even worse. Current was present early in the morning, but TVA slowed down the pull at Wheeler by about 9am until about 3pm, so the water was rising with at least some spillways open at Guntersville dam (same problem at Limestone bay) and this almost always makes for poor fishing in these areas, at least for me. Make sure to check lakeinfo.tva.gov before you go to see what they are predicting as far as current flow and lake levels, although don't bet the farm on TVA's predicitons for Wheeler. They are notoriously incorrect!

I haven't fished or had any reports from the Mallard/Fox creek areas, but they may be going strong about now. I really don't know.

The water temp, as reported to me in Flint creek by another boater was 41 degrees. I guess I will have to remember to bring my digital thermometer next time to check it for myself, but I think 41 degrees was probably pretty close to right.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]