Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 2-11-2003

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on February 11, 2003 at 17:55:09:

DATE: 02-11-03
LAKE LEVEL: 559.7
NORMAL FULL POOL:
SURFACE TEMP: mid 40's
WATER CLARITY: Good

CRAPPIE: The crappie are doing pretty good in Spring Creek up by Little River and in the Chatooga.Throwing floats 6-7 foot deep or
trolling.They are not hard to find, just look for the boats.

BASS: Bass fishing is not all that bad.Pig-N-Jig crawdad color still working. Rip Rap near deep water.They are biting the best when
they are generating. Point the nose into the current and bring it back pretty slow. You almost have to drop it on them.They are not real
aggressive.

STRIPE: Pretty slow.Lots of birds but the shad are deep and I have to presume the stripe are also but with the warming water you can
go from the outhouse to the penthouse pretty quick. As soon as they break I will holler at you.

BREAM: Still good catches coming out of Guntersville.Best bait is wax worms if you can find them.Bream are in 35-50 feet of water
right on the bottom.

WHITE BASS: Back end of Dead Boy fishing shallow with floats and minnows or a float and small jig.They are as thick as fleas on a
dogs back.

CATFISH: I don't know of anyone that is fishing for them except commercial fishermen and they are wearing them out.

For all of my out of state fishermen you can now get your fishing license by phone. The number is 1-888-848-6887. No more standing
in line or wasting time.

We need to support Weiss Lake Improvement Association. You can join by going to the links section of this site and scroll down and
click on them and an application will come up. If we don't support WLIA Georgia is going to steal our water and it looks like they are.
They are already taking water out of the Chatooga.You will never know how much you love this lake until we don't have it anymore.
And when she's gone, she's gone.

The water is up enough that you can launch from anywhere around the lake now. Hawg's Den was pretty skinny but it is OK now.
Riverside was pretty skinny to but you can launch there now. Under no circumstances try to get into Waterhouse yet unless you have an
air boat.As always if you need my help just "holler" Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

PS: Please, any questions you may have I will be glad to answer but it would save me a lot of time if you would ask them on the Chat
board.Sometimes I get 5 or 6 emails asking the same question.Other fishermen will also answer you.Starting Friday of this week we
will be fishing everyday until the end of May.Good Fishing ! Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]