Re: 100 + or - Wheeler Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob D on February 11, 2003 at 10:15:13:

In Reply to: 100 + or - Wheeler Crappie posted by Clawed on February 11, 2003 at 06:40:20:

Thanks for such an encouraging report. My experience has always been catch a lot of short fish with some keepers mixed in. I live in Madison and am still learning Wheeler and some of the creeks, I've only been here a little over a year and the first year was spent mostly getting settled in the new job. I haven't had much success establishing a pattern yet, but plan to work on that this year. And, I fish from the bank which adds an extra challenge to the crappie equation. Just curious about when you're able to find these fish? Were they in shallow water to be catching them only 2' deep? Where you late in the afternoon or early in the day, in the back of creeks or out in channel fronts/edges, along stump rows or rip rap? Were the fish on the bottom or suspended? Was there much current where you were? Is there a particular color of jigs that they preffer? Hope you don't take offense to all the questions, just trying to figure these little buggers out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]