Buck Perry is alive and well today!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike kelley on February 03, 2003 at 16:30:42:

Thanks to Troller (maybe Mrs. Troller?) I was contacted by a member of Buck's family this afternoon. He is wintering in Florida but still lives in N.C. Believe it or not, he's 88 years young! Sadly, his hearing ain't what it used to be, so the phone interview was ruled out. I can't imagine what a huge collection of fishing knowledge his mind contains after all these years!
here's his website : http://www.americaoutdoors.com/spoonplugger/training/faq.html
Just copy and paste this to your site bar on your browser and hit enter or GO. Drop him an email sometimes. I was told by Jerri that he is trying to complete a "museum" in/near his home that will have all the history and wisdom from "Spoonpluggin'". He is clearly the father of modern bass fishing. His teachings will save the beginning fisherman many wasted hours on the water. Spoonpluggin' is the foundation of all fishing educations, experienced or theorized.
Oh well... I wanted Buck, but now I'm told that I am going to get RAY SCOTT! You know, some folks inadvertantly call Ray the father of modern bass fishing, but we all know that's Buck Perry. Ray is the father of a modern day disease that I humorously compare to alcoholism - BASS TOURNAMENTS!
His people (Ray's) are finalizing the interview with ESPN producers now. Should be taped first week of March for a late March airing date. It will air on the "Reel Guys", starring Hoot, Flake and me, Big Kat! Not bad for 112 bucks, huh?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]