Deep sea fishing out of Destin!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on February 03, 2003 at 14:27:10:

Hello , since the sauger have all but disappeared and the noaa weather report was very favorable my bud Bonita chummer and I chose to go to Destin,Fl friday after work(Takes 5 hours and 30 min from Huntsville) and get on one of the party runs that the charters are running out of Destin this winter.Cant keep red snapper till april 21 but oh baby you can keep the Grouper(24inches) and amberjacks (28 inches)We went on a 6 hour trip on saturday and caught 6 really nice amberjacks and numerous red Grouper and small scamp grouper and the trip cost $45 .The capt twisted our arm(Like he really had to grin) and talked us into staying and going on an 8 hour trip sunday and we killed the gag(black) grouper !!we got 3 of them at least 15 lbs or better and one on the boat was around 40 lbs and my bud Bonita chummer got 100 lb test broken by one!! We also had lots of triggers and at least 14 or 15 head of grouper total for the boat.This trip was $60 .We went out with Greg Marler who runs the Gentle winds boat out of Olin Marlers fleet.They need a minum of 15 to go on these trips at these prices but are worth it(same trip with 10 people in the summer will be 135 or 145 a person) and one or 2 good ajs or groupers pay for your trip since in the fish market there the going rate for grouper filets is $9.99 lb and ajs are about $7.99 lb

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]