Re: MR.BUCK PERRY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Big Kat on January 28, 2003 at 22:26:27:

In Reply to: MR.BUCK PERRY posted by troller on January 28, 2003 at 14:47:47:

Forget Buck Perry? NEVER! I read his spoonplugging book when I was about 16 (now 46) and practiced it with a passion. My fishing buddy bought the book back then and we made a commitment to try to learn the "structure", "depth" and "speed" connection to our success. Buck was way ahead of the prevailing minds in the nearly undiscovered "Bassin' World". I would say if the Grateful Dead followers were "Deadheads", then we were certainly "Spoonheads"! Why, we even scrapped up enough cash to order a set of spoonplugs!
Mr. Perry certainly was the father of topographical examination and correlation for bassin'. But don't forget, he also exposed us to the 'speed' and 'depth control' school of thought. Up until then, the majority of casters just went down a bank in their johnboat or stood on the bank and chunked and wound the same speed (usually fast as the reel would drag it!). he certainly opened our minds to the "strategy" of fishing.
One of the most important things that I learned,(and you tell Mr. Perry this, please) - is that fish respond to many stimuli in their enviroment- learn to identify and understand as many of them as you can. I learned to identify and attempt to control as many VARIABLES as I could. And guess what? I started catching more and better bass!
Have I forgotten Mr. Buck Perry? Heck no! I still find myself trying to think like him, especially when the bite is tough. His deep water revelations taught me to be a better fisherman. I suggest to anyone who has never read his book - GET ONE and STUDY IT!
He's the father of technique. Ray Scott's the father of tournaments. I know that many of the old names in BASS were Buck Perry students! THANKS BUCK!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]