Re: Feb. 1st/Sauger-Crappie Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on January 26, 2003 at 17:42:21:

In Reply to: Feb. 1st/Sauger-Crappie Question posted by Mike S. on January 26, 2003 at 17:03:41:

Mike,

First, welcome to Decatur! I don't sauger fish much, but for something close to home you might try fishing from the train bridge at Decatur and downstream. I don't know if they have been catching anything there lately or not, but I know they do at times. There are 2 ramps you can use. Either the Riverwalk marina (fee) which is just off of the highway 31 causeway north of Decatur or you can put in at the sewage plant on Hwy 20 (free, public). This ramp is located off of Hwy 20 west of Hwy 31. Either one will do as there is little difference in the distances. Also, I would not leave my boat at the sewage plant ramp after dark. I have never had any problems, but it is a little more isolated and there is no security except for fairly frequent (sometimes) patrols by the Decatur city police.

For crappie, try any and all of the cuts on the south side of the river in these areas. I haven't been out there in my boat lately, so I can't say if they are hitting there now or not, but you never know until you go and throw! There is no substitute for time on the water and nothing anywhere nearly as much fun!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]