Re: fish finders

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on January 24, 2003 at 11:59:04:

In Reply to: fish finders posted by papermouth on January 23, 2003 at 23:41:00:

Papermouth, I really feel like noone on this forum would stere you wrong! I have a Humingbird on my Xpress on the front and I dont know how many times Kerry threatened to kick it over the bow! It is a piece of junk! Back in the seventies Humingbird put out something called a "Super 60" flasher. These things were hard to get use to but very reliable. Since then, it is my opion that Humingbird does not design quality electronics and I would stay as far away from them as possible. I do have a x22 Lowrance on the driver side console. It is a very good unit. The lense is starting to cloud on me but it was do to my stupidity. Over the years sunscrean and bug spray has taken its toll on the unit. Kerry says it is moisture but I beg to differ. As far as I can tell Kerry's unit is a eagle and is exactly the same unit as far as I can tell. I think 2 years ago eagle bought out Lowrance or vice versa, and they are very similar to oneanother. I dont think you could go wrong with either of the two. As far as Garman is concerned I do not know that much about their units or their company but I have heard alot of good things about Garman! I think I can speak for Kerry and myself though, if it aint broke dont fix it! I plan on staying with Lowrance but would also consider Eagle. Good luck and whatever you do, please stay away from Humingbird! You would be better off getting a 50 foot pole and checking the depth yourself!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]