crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by oshi9 on January 21, 2003 at 17:35:44:

Well, the time is approaching and I hope that everyone is ready. I have a question and I hope that many of you do not think that it is dumb. When is the magical temperature of the crappie spawn? I have heard many different temps and I am trying to average what people say and get a general idea.

I want to share a little about what I saw this weekend while fishing on Weiss. We were catching a lot of fish, and in those fish, many were 9 3/4 and almost 10 inches. I did not see one person keeping a fish that was under the limit. Granted, I did not watch everyone like a Hawk, but you do tend to notice what people are catching when the boats are stacked on top of each other like they were. I was really impressed about many fishermen taking the time to actually measure fish. I hope that many others that post here, and fish for crappie or any other gamefish practice good ethical fishing. Thank you Kerry for giving us a place to brag, rant or just talk about fishing! Good luck to you this spring!
Oshi :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]