Re: Orlando Wilson

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on January 20, 2003 at 14:28:35:

In Reply to: Re: Orlando Wilson posted by Big Kat on January 20, 2003 at 10:08:04:

What about our local floating Wal-Mart commercial, Bill Dance? Have you ever seen him lose a fish, other than maybe on a blooper show? Ever fished in a mature, stocked, and properly managed lake that has had little fishing pressure? I believe I could offer a textbook situation with just about any lure that Wal-Mart sells too.

I must admit though, that ol' Bill enspired me as a kid. I remember one day watching his show when I got fired up to apply his text book lesson. I managed to scrape up some change, slipped off to Wal-Mart on my bicycle to buy a Strike King spinnerbait, and got rigged up to hit the local ponds. It was always the challenge of trying to figure out my own solution to a 10 pounder that kept me going.

I guess I can assume then, that money can buy happiness when properly applied to fishing. No matter if these guys are good are not, including Orlando Wilson, they must love the sport to center their lives around it. How can they be faulted for that? Watching a fishing show seems analagous to learning how to ride a bike on TV or in a book. It merely plants seeds and serves as inspiration to get out and figure it out on your on. Phony or not, fishing shows can leave a long-lasting passion burning. This seems especially important since everyone does not have a father with a fishing boat parked in the garage, or live near some of the greatest fisheries in the world such as N. AL.

Now, if Spring would just hurry up and start creeping in, we could put all this finger energy into our reels!! Too bad it can't be Spring all year long.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]