Re: Orlando Wilson

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Big Kat on January 20, 2003 at 10:08:04:

In Reply to: Orlando Wilson posted by Tyler on January 17, 2003 at 19:59:04:

Here's something you guys may not know about Orlando Wilson - He's a MULTI-MILLIONAIRE. Made it in the construction business around Atlanta. He once bought a Chevy dealership and built a BASS POND in the front lot! I knew some folks that worked at the dealership and they said it was a JOKE. He eventually sold it. I understand he was never involved in the day to day ops there. NOW, you know how he got a fishing show? SIMPLE. He just bought and paid for it himself. No need for sponsors. No problem - he bought a production company and started filming. Ol' Roland Martin is his big buddy from their early B.A.S.S. days. Yep, Orlando fished B.A.S.S. in it's infancy, but it was because he had money, not talent! So, he also produced Orlando "Son...son..stick it close to the camera cause it looks bigger" Martin's show for him so he could be "buddies" with the real bass pros!
See there, Kerry, if we had millions we could just have a NAFF Show on TNN!! All we need is some of our millionaire NAFF posters to put you on the air!
A little insight - I was watching Orlando catch spawning bass on his show from Lake Eufala. He was catching them on a flat, near the creek channel, on stumps with a lizard. In the middle of the show he said he didn't know why the fish were on those shallow stumps, but he sure wished he could figure out what brought them into that cove that day!!! What a fishing genius!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]