Re: Brush piles/Christmas trees?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on January 17, 2003 at 23:21:24:

In Reply to: Brush piles/Christmas trees? posted by Dawgy on January 17, 2003 at 15:43:21:

Hello, christmas trees are ok but I have found for a bigger better tree top/brush pile , any tree will do this time of year such as a small oak ,red maple even an old fruit tree i used.It has to be something you can haul in your boat,cant take a forrest but the trunk of most trees i use will be probably no bigger at the base than say3 or 4 in in diameter.The neat thing about them is that they are green and sink usually with one cinder block.You can do them one of two ways, put the block on the end of the trunk by nailing a small piece of lumber to the trunk after pushing it in the middle of the cinderblock.this will cause the tree to sink upright and i would put it where the top wil be about 6 tp 8 feet from the surface.Makes for a narrow target for the depth finder but gives the fish more depth to move up or down in.But i usualy sink my tops side ways with 2 cinder blocks ties to the middle or trunk and middle .I sink them in 15 ft and hope they are fat enough to come within 8 to 10 ft of water .This kind also is easier to locate as its parallel to the botom more area to pick up on and for some reason i have had my best luck with them this way.Hope ths helped some.Catch a bunch!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]