Re: Humor: How to launch a PWC.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Duckloads on January 15, 2003 at 10:00:44:

In Reply to: Re: Humor: How to launch a PWC. posted by Jerry on January 14, 2003 at 19:57:49:

You're a good man for helping the guy out. It is very rewarding to such a thing. It is a great gift.

I was near Painted bluff a few years ago at Thanksgiving time running up river about 25 MPH (WOT). In my Tomboy boat and 25 hp Johnson tiller. I had been watching Eagles at the bluff, and I turned around for anouther look just in time to SEE MY MOTOR COMING OFF MY BOAT. It came off at an angle throwing my boat in an immediate left turn. I mean NOW. I was at full throttle remember.

Energy and momentum being what they are, I kept going straight. I figure I flew 20-30 ft or so in the air before hitting that cold water. I went totally under. Of course when a fella hits cold water two things happen: 1) his bladder empties, and 2) he gasps for air.

So, I came up choking and spitting up, hoping not to die at this point in my life. It was about the loneliest I have ever been to be in the middle of the cold river and to find my boat perhaps a hundred feet away without a motor on it. Pretty freaking lonely. Absolutely no one in sight for help. To freaking cold to scream anyway.

Anyway, the story continues and with a good outcome. Here I is. After that, I have never felt more alive in my life.

The moral of this story (true by the way) is that I hope to ALWAYS go out of my way to help a fella out on the river. Even the inconsiderate jerk, and there are some.

Be carefull out there. It's getting kind of cold.
Chris H.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]