Re: where to Go

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donny c on January 11, 2003 at 22:23:02:

In Reply to: Re: where to Go posted by navypop on January 10, 2003 at 21:57:44:

well,tell you the truth I havent been on the warrior since early fall.Ive been chasing the aggivating deer all winter. I generally fish Holt,and 99% of the time its clear as a bell.I get around that by using 10Lb flourocarbon. which makes life intresting when you hook into a 15lb yellow cat on sassy shad jig.I dont know how much fished down here on the warrior,but I believe the spot fishing to be world class.I know of several 7lb plus spots caught last spring.The bankhead lake portion(above Holt)generally stays clear,but not as bad as Holt.When used to bang the banks with buzzbaits and worms,we would get there before daylight and fish till the sun hit the water.we would only fish for a couple of hours but we would catch plenty.once the water got lit up the bite would be over.Thats been years ago and things may have changed.I thought that was always a good example of what absence of color in the water would have on the fish.To finally answer or actually not ansewer your Question,I dont know.when I start going some Ill keep you posted.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]