Re: Im new to fishing and could use some help.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by advocate on January 08, 2003 at 11:22:45:

In Reply to: Im new to fishing and could use some help. posted by Carolinakid on January 08, 2003 at 10:55:40:

Ok first thing, it doesnt take a lot of money to start up. If you dont have a rod and reel grab a sturdy (i prefer spincasting reel) reel and a rod that matches. Ask the person at the store to help. I would get the basics...hooks, weights, good line (no more than 8lb), and a few lures. Try rooster tails first and learn to feel when they are running right, and when they are not. You can tell a lot by this, and use it with other lures.
Next, I would find a spot that others fish and watch and ask questions. Most fishermen are real helpful and will show you, as long as you dont take their spot and catch all their fish. Also ask your WRA (wildlife resources agancy) officer. They usually talk to all of the fisherpersons when checking their liscenses and catch. Oh, by the way...buy a liscense and if you are fisning for trout...buy a stamp! VERY IMPORTANT!!
The last thing to do is fish often. Only your experience can tell you how the fish react to certain weather and structure changes. The most important thing to do is enjoy what God has given us and remember all of us come home empty handed sometime.....There is always a story to tell though! Hope this helps! Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]