Re: crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on January 07, 2003 at 22:11:23:

In Reply to: crappie posted by KEITH on January 07, 2003 at 21:53:01:

Keith, usually the fall is good from about late september through late november, but this year (this fall 2002) it was very tough. Usually the Hwy 69 bridge and many of the other bridges at Big Spring creek, Short creek, and Town creek are good places. But, like I said, this season was not very good. I don't know what to tell you about spring crappie fishing on the big G. Even Alex hasn't been able to figure them out there in the spring. I usually stay close to home in the spring and do OK.

The last I heard positive for crappie on Guntersville was around the Waterfront area and Goose Pond area. Both of these, especially Waterfront, are simply too far for me to drive regularly without a high degree of expected success. Yeah, I am spoiled and don't have much money or income to support 150-200 mile round trip excursions. Since this fall was so dismal for me and Alex on Guntersville, I have decided to concentrate on my local area. Cheaper, simply cheaper!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.

Use the NAFF Site Search Engine to search for "guntersville crappie". This will give you a list of many previously posted messages. Some of them have a lot of good info, but there are probably a LOT of them!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]