Re: Sauger Fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on December 30, 2002 at 11:09:21:

In Reply to: Sauger Fishing posted by Louis T. on December 30, 2002 at 07:05:20:

Dont know myself why its been such a bad year(I do have a net theory),but in my 35 years of fishing for sauger,we have lived for the gates to be open,not closed!!If tva could just leave 8 cracked open all winter and give us stability it would improve the fishing some,water level and flow for sauger ,especially bank fishing is critical.If the water drops or is dropping basically we go home.Steady to rising is good.Course tva isnt worried about any of this they just want to keep the lake drained so they will not get flooded like happened once ,way back in 72(water over the dam if you can believe it)All that i have said is based from my years of fishing on the arab or turbine side of the dam, it might be different on the huntsville side as we call it .This has been the first year in the last 3 tht we got any gates open before january!! We thought it would be a banner year if that ever happened ,but it hasn't panned out ,just as this year was a bust for the crappie from the bank,all the sauger seem to be very small and few and far between.seems for every 6 you catch one might be 14 or better,but it may take 3 days to get 6 HA!! Dont feel bad abou the cussing for no bites thats been going on awhile on our side too HA but glad you were doing it in the crimson and white jacket!! Good luck crappie fishing,thre are a few white ones in tree tops in about 15 ft of water using slip float and minnows

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]