Re: coming in for a conference mid March

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on December 27, 2002 at 15:56:20:

In Reply to: coming in for a conference mid March posted by john on December 27, 2002 at 15:03:29:

Striper, crappie, and bass fever will be taking over these parts at about that time of the year. Are you dead set on trout fishing? I don't think trout fishing below Smith is like you might imagine since they have to stock them each year, and I believe that happens in the fall. They are not native to the area and probably do not survive summers. But what the heck do I know, I have never done it.

Check back before you leave and you will get current reports. You can often do well fishing from the south bank below Guntersville dam for striped bass and it is only 20 minutes or so from south Huntsville. Fishing swift, boiling water from turbines when the action is hot is something you will never forget. Some of these fish are monsters, and will give your tackle a good workout on the right day in March. The big striper run peaks about that time each year and gives us locals a different meaning to the term March Madness. Another 15 minutes and you can fish at the Hwy 69 bridge for crappie near Warrenton on Guntersville Lake. Stripers and crappie are both schooling fish that give you a good chance from the bank if they are at home that particular day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]