Multiple posts of duplicate messages

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on December 22, 2002 at 19:52:35:

The problem of multiple posts of duplicate messages has become so bad that I actually turned off the posting function of the message board while I looked for a solution. The most likely cause is that folks just get impatient and don't understand that they have to "refresh" the message board index in order to see their message. Rest assured that when you press the Post Message button ONCE!, your message has been posted.

I guess some folks just have a sticky "post" finger. Well, take a little time to read the info I have taken quite a bit of time to write for you. It is all around the "Preview Message" button and in several other places.

I appreciate all the time and effort a lot of folks put into trying to help other people here, but I'll be danged if I will keep putting in more and more time cleaning up after folks. Please take the time to read the info provided and use restraint!

This site has been up over 3 years and I haven't had as many problems with this sort of stuff in those 3 years as I have in the last week.

If I come off sounding a bit "put off", you're right. I put in a lot of time keeping this site up, running and as up to date as I can while asking nothing in return except that folks please use a little common sense and read the danged info in front of you! GEEZ!

Kerry Grissett

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]