Re: cormorants

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on December 20, 2002 at 17:54:11:

In Reply to: cormorants posted by Alex on December 20, 2002 at 10:18:43:

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the post. I think one of the main problems may be that the folks who might have ANY control over such issues may not know about the problem. Although I think this possibility seems ridiculous to those of us who are on the Tennessee river day after day, it is possible that the DCNR and other state wildlife agencies and agents simply don't understand the magnitude of the growing problem. As with any beauracracy, the wheels turn too slowly to have any effect until after the situation is "critical". (sigh)

All I can say is that everyone interested in curbing the growing nuisance population of cormorants on the Tennessee river should be contacting every elected official in the state and federal congress along with anyone and everyone at the Alabama DCNR and maybe even the EPA and ADEM (jokes). I have some experience in trying to get things done "via the government" and I can tell you that one person, alone, has little chance of getting ANYTHING done unless they have money and political influence. The only chance most of us have is to join together and hit them (the powers that be) with that organized front. As a group, we might just have a chance. Individually, no chance at all. Yep, that's reality. Sorry as it is, you can't depend on any government agency to come to the rescue without making a LOT of noise!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]