Florence bank fishing - Sunday Nov. 1, 2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on December 01, 2002 at 21:56:50:

Visited my folks with Stephen this weekend for Thanksgiving. Great food and family, but no luck fishing. I didn't get out until sunday morning, but it was nearly a bust. The turbines didn't come at Wilson until 7am and I was at the site of the old train lift bridge. Rod eyes kept freezing up and there was a tug tranferring a barge loaded with sand or something similar right in the mouth of the barge harbor, so that scrapped that area. I did manage to catch a couple of small yellow stripe... Hoo Ahh!... Yeah, right.

Left there and tried the back end of the barge harbor. The small shad were still there, but deeper. Didn't even get a hit. Booked over to the mouth of Cypress creek. Current was just starting to get right, but nothing would hit. Stopped under O'neal bridge and caught one very small spot. Left for the Rock Pile below Wilson dam. Saw several folks fishing off of the rock ledge near the ramp, apparently trying for sauger. I didn't see anything hooked and after I snagged my jig and broke off, I left. Tried the same places mentioned before, again, and only managed a couple more small stripe/white bass and another tiny spot.

Wish I had a better and more positive report! Didn't even get my itch scratched. (sigh)

You don't know 'til you go and throw. There is no substitute for time on the water!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]