Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 11-30-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on December 01, 2002 at 14:35:45:

DATE: 11-30-02
LAKE LEVEL: 559.1
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: High 40's
WATER CLARITY: Good shape

Computer needs to be upgraded.Since everything is a little slow it is the best time to have it done.Will be back online 12-07-02.Catch
everybody then.We will answer all emails then.Saturday December 7th is Pearl Harbor Day.We ought to say a little prayer for our
Honored dead and our men & women in uniform.If it wasn't for them I could not make this report and you could not read it.

CRAPPIE: This snap of cold weather has slowed them down a bit and it drove them a little deeper.But, if you get out there and fish
those long points and some of the deeper docks you should have a pretty good day. But it is always a good day when you are on the
water.I have had reports of catching good strings of crappie under the lights.Cowan Creek bridge is a good place to go. You can put in
right there at Rooster's.Spring Creek. You can put in right at the bridge.You could probably get out on the drops and humps and catch
them.

BASS: This cold snap has hurt them also.The bass that are being taken are not that deep.Pig-N-Jig works good around the rocks.Why
do bass like rocks in the fall of the year? I haven't a clue but they do. Broken backed Shad Rap working good too.

WHITE BASS: Little bit hard to find now.Our white bass population has made one big comeback.If you are a troller then troll for them
just like crappie. Match your color of jig with your water color.

STRIPE: I have noticed a few more birds this week and the cold weather should run them in even more.Stripe like the cold water.The
east side of Hawg Island has seen some pretty good activity.Some in the Chatooga before you get to the new bridge.It used to be
hazardous to your health to go in there with low water but thanks to Weiss Lake Improvement Association the channel is now well
marked.Just remember if you are going upriver the red marker should be on your right. Little Fishy still the best bait.They are made by
Creme Worm Co. You can find them on our links page.Best color is black/white and blue/white.Keep your eyes on the birds.

BREAM: The water is fishable at Guntersville now but not on a windy day. Best place to catch them is around the bridges.I know you
are going to think I have been drinking when I say this, I would start fishing at 25-30 foot deep and work down to 50 feet.Bait may be
tough to come by.

CATFISH: I don't do much catfishing so I depend on the commercial fishermen to tell me what they are doing.So if they all tell me
the same thing it must be right and they much prefer the winter months to fish.Trot lines and jugs.

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.I believe that I am finally going to live. The last doctor I saw didn't ask for cash so I guess I
am doing pretty good. I will be glad to get back on the water in December.I fish 200 days a year and I have really missed it.As usual if
we can be of any service or help just give us a shout by phone or email.

Weiss Lake Improvement Association has done more good for this lake than anybody else.The state won't stock, the state wouldn't
even put up channel markers.To join Weiss Lake Improvement Association it is only $10.00 for the whole family.Go to our "Links"
section and click on Weiss Lake Improvement Association.This will also include your entry into the spring crappie rodeo.Please join us
in helping to improve Weiss Lake.It is a non-profit organization.
Good Fishing! Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]