Re: Crappie discussion opinions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 27, 2002 at 23:07:01:

In Reply to: Re: Crappie discussion opinions posted by Kerry Grissett on November 25, 2002 at 19:34:02:

After I posted the message I am replying to a thought hit me. I have been going after crappie in the "usual" places I expect them to be this time of year. Someone posted a message since then about crappie being caught in relatively shallow water. This makes sense. Although I usually think of crappie being in shallow water as either staging for the spawn or spawning, the water levels and water temps (up until the last couple of days) would suggest a spring time pattern, even though the crappie obviously are not or should not be staging for a spawn. If I have said it once I have said it a hundred times... Just when you think you have figured out what the crappie will do, they make a fool out of you!

Oh well, it may not matter. The weather has finally turned off really cold and the water levels are down to normal, at least for now. So I am guessing that the crappie will either start showing up in hte usual fall haunts or skip those areas completely and go where ever they go when I can't get them in the coldest weather. Vague enough? (smile)

I' got a million of 'em! (Jimmy Durante)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]