Re: Guntersville crappie??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 27, 2002 at 22:33:02:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville crappie?? posted by Snapperking on November 27, 2002 at 22:14:21:

I don't know if the nets are the answer to the question this year, but I do have to agree with you on at least one point... This time of year, how many times have any of us seen a game warden checking anyone on the water or bank? Also, I wouldn't mind seeing more stringent rules concerning netting fish. Of course, just like any law, it isn't any good if not enforced.

Unfortunately, here in Alabama we have a huge deficit of game officers in the field. I think the average is 2 game wardens per county and this time of year they ALL concentrate on the hunters. The fish POACHERS know this! I am not saying that all commercial net fishermen are poachers, but like in any other industry, if we don't or can't enforce the rules there is a real and likely probability that the rules will be broken and without enforcement the problem snowballs.

As much as I hate to say it, the poachers already know it... Alabama's waters are wide open for poaching! (sigh) I haven't seen a game warden on the water or on the bank all this fall season. I hope Jay and Travis read this. Heads up!!!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]