Re: Garmin Blue

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on November 25, 2002 at 09:51:36:

In Reply to: Garmin Blue posted by smalliefisher on November 22, 2002 at 11:29:59:

I was going to say the same thing as smallie. Lower power will be your best bet for freshwater fishing.

I have always been of the firm opinion that Lowrance is an overpriced Eagle, and some people say that they are made on the same assembly line. Other than the price tag, many models are identical and use the same manual. However, other people that wish to pay more for the increased confidence swear that the units are not identical. Lowrance does make some impressive units in the $700-$1200 dollar range, though I am sure I would get more amusement than fish catching ability from the purchase of such a unit.

I had an Eagle Accura 240 on my boat that I sold this year, and now have the Garmin 240 red. Both units were similar in performance, had the speed wheel and temp. sensor, and mostly had similar features. Not that it helped fishing, but the Eagle had a distance log which was sometimes amusing to see how far I would ride on the water chasing fish. I do believe that the Garmin tracks better at higher speeds. It has been my experience that both units will start blinking (lose depth tracking ability) at lower than advertised speeds.

I think the 240 resolution is the right idea.

Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]