Re: finding a fish finder

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 23, 2002 at 22:25:01:

In Reply to: Re: finding a fish finder posted by advocate on November 23, 2002 at 20:11:38:

I think you will be happy with the Lowrance x91. I am still using a portable Eagle Fish-ID 128 (no longer made) and like it very well.

A lot of what you get out of your electronics depends on your experience with and confidence in it. All that comes from spending time on the water! NO substitute for that. I have heard lots of good things about the Garmin products, but haven't experienced any of them personally, yet. One thing about Lowrance/Eagle. At least for the models I have checked, the Eagle products with the exact same features as a Lowrance model are, in fact, identical with the exception of price. In other words, they are made by the same folks and have the same electronics. There are probably some Lowrance models that aren't duplicated by the Eagle line, but both are good, IMHO.

Experiment with your new "toy" and I think you will find it to not only be a useful navigation tool, but also something you depend on to find fish. I can't tell you the number of times my DF has put me on fish and also the number of times it has told me to go home long before I finally give up and go home. (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]