Re: for FLfishR and Snapperking

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on November 22, 2002 at 22:48:31:

In Reply to: for FLfishR and Snapperking posted by Ryno on November 22, 2002 at 02:09:04:

I hate you ...HA not lucky you !! anyway where are you gonna be ?? in gulf shores??
or destin area?? either way if you are fishing from shore ,get live Bull minnows if you can!!!
fish them with a 12 to 18 inch leader with a #4 or #6 eagle claw hook.Tie the leader to a #10 or #12 barrel swivel
and before you tie it to the end put on a 1 oz egg sinker. I call it a mini slip rig like the big single hook rigs used on the deep sea trips .
Anyway fish off any rock jetties ,by casting this out beyond the rocks and letting the tide move it along the bottom or
you can easy it along your self.Flounder and big reds love bull minnows!! and unlike shrimp they dont attract the pin fish
Also for Flounder use a Quater ounce unpainted jig with a 3 in green grub and work it like you would fishing for crappie here.Bull minnows are also just as effective off the piers too.
Its posible by the time you get there that the water will have cooled down and forced all the fish out into the gulf ,except for the trout which will be in deep holes so good luck and I hope you slay em!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]