Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 11-19-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on November 19, 2002 at 21:09:57:

DATE 11-19-02
LAKE LEVEL: 560.2
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: Low 50's - high 40's
WATER CLARITY: Channel rolling mud above big bridge in Cedar Bluff.Little River area pretty good shape.All coves in Bay
Springs fishable.Up river coves marginal.Powerhouse in pretty good shape.

CRAPPIE: Moving back to deep water.Structure around old river channel edge.Points and humps. A few are still being taken around
deep docks.Best jig color is triple green and red/blue/white.

BASS: Bass are still schooled, doing pretty good around points and drops. A lot of spots being caught. Best bait is a broke back shad
rap.

WHITE BASS: I have not seen any white bass activity.But they are going to school up under the birds just like the stripe.There aren't
a lot of birds here right now but more and more show up everyday.

STRIPE: Here again we need more birds.The Little Fishy works best on stripe.I have seen birds working in Cowan creek and some
around Hawg Island.Back end of Yellow Creek.

BREAM: I know that they can be caught but I expect it will take at least a few more days for the water to clear.I do not have a clue
as to who to call to check on the water conditions but I expect things should be good by this weekend.

CATFISH: Dingy water does not seem to be bothering the catfish at all.They are going to come to anything that smells good to
them and yes catfish can smell.

The East Alabama Crappie tournament trail held its 3rd fall tournament on Weiss Lake Saturday.The weather could not have been
much worse.The winning weight was 11.26 lbs. for 10 fish and the big fish was a nice one at 1.87 lbs.Next month they go to Lay
Lake and everyone is welcome to fish with them.

As usual at this time the lake is way down. Cannot express enough that you be careful out on the water.Also as I always say, if I can
be of any help just give me a "holler".
Also, If somebody will go to our message board and post a question to me about depth finders I will be glad to answer it for all to
see. Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]