Re: Crappie on Guntersville at Honeycomb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 19, 2002 at 12:25:17:

In Reply to: Crappie on Guntersville at Honeycomb posted by Charlie Garrett on November 19, 2002 at 12:08:05:

Charlie I know exactly what you are talking about. A buddy of mine is building a house over there and had a boat house built this past spring before any of the construction on the house had started. (Priorities first right??) About 3 weeks ago I went over to his place and went inside and like you said crappie everywhere. These stupid fish were suspending about a foot under the surface and close to each structural member of the boat house. I tryied everything. I would actually put the jig right in front of their nose and they would back away slowly. The water was very clear so I think that had alot to do with it. Anyway, about a week later he went down there at night and wore them out. So I think your right. If they can see you, it is going to be hard to get them. This year Kerry and I have had trouble finding any qaulity fish. We have caught our fare share of those 6-9 inchers but hardly any slabs. I went back and looked at my records and the only thing I can see is that we are far behind in water temperatures and the water levels are also to high. Things should pick up though. Thanks for the report and stay after them. Sooner or later the slabs will move in. Another factor you might want to consider is the shad are also behind this year. They are now just starting to show up. Good luck and be careful.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]