Re: Lewis Smith lake trip

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 07, 2002 at 00:18:25:

In Reply to: Re: Lewis Smith lake trip posted by shawn t. on November 06, 2002 at 23:59:25:

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for the info! Since I spend most of my time on the Tennessee river lakes, I guess it is not all that unusual that I have had trouble finding crappie or other quality fish on Smith. As you said and I have been told by many more, the night fishing for crappie on Smith can be pretty good. However, I haven't even done any night fishing here on Wheeler (my backyard, so-to-speak) in several years although I am sure I would catch some quality fish. It just gets down to age, I guess. (grin) 10 years ago, it wouldn't phase me to fish nearly all day and then spend several hours at night going after my favorite quarry, crappie. Now, I simply don't have the desire or stamina to do that.

I hope I haven't offended you or anyone else by referring to Smith as the "Dead Sea". I didn't mean to offend anyone, it is just that my experience, so far, on Smith lake hasn't been anywhere near even fair, let alone good. We saw a lot of houses for sale on the lake today. As a recreation lake, cruising, skiing, sailing, etc. it is a great lake. But, for fishing... I'd rather live on Guntersville lake. Since I don't live there and can't afford to move, Decatur and Wheeler isn't too bad. (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]