Re: Question about sauger fishing.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 06, 2002 at 22:34:06:

In Reply to: Re: Question about sauger fishing. posted by jd on November 05, 2002 at 08:41:23:

Hey jd,

Like you, I have never held much stock in the solunar tables. They may have validity on some waters where tidal variances play a large part in the activity of fish (don't know about "game"), but most of the areas I fish in North Alabama have too many other influences such as weather, current flow, lake levels, etc. which seem to me to affect the fishes behavior much more than the solunar tables. Also, the site you listed didn't seem to give a particular region for which the tables were calculated. I know solunar tables *should* be calculated for your specific region of the world. Without that information or at least some sort of offset to figure out how to relate those tables to your area, they are totally useless.

For a while a long time ago while fishing Wheeler lake I followed the tables which were supposedly generated for the Wheeler area. I found absolutely no reliability in these tables. As often as not I caught good quality fish in great numbers during "low" periods according to the solunar tables and also had some of my worst luck during "peak" list periods. Too many other factors come into play to rely totally on these tables.

My theory as to the best time to fish is when you can and as often as possible. There is no substitute for time on the water.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]