Chattooga River

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by oshi9 on November 04, 2002 at 10:52:49:

Fished Sunday A.M. in the Chattooga River, one of 3 feeder river for Lake Weiss with only 2 fish to show. conditions were perfect, light, misty rain, cold temps, but no fish, oh well, better than sitting at home in the bed. I had planned to fish with my grandfather on Paint Rock but they were pulling water at 4 am and I did not want to make the 2 hour trip to Guntersville and not be able to fish the big river bank because of current. Anyway, after no luck on the Chattooga, loaded up frustrated and went to an area called Brushy Branch in Georgia, there is a good, clearwater creek and I ended up catching 12 keepers with a total of 32 fish caught. Not good, but not to bad.... Fishing dead treetops with jigs is my favorite type of fishing, except the times when something taps the jig, you set the hook and the feeling of how in the world can I pull this fish out of a 10 inch opening! :) It is fun though but there lies the problem of fishing treetops. The fish were suspended 8 to 10 foot and only bit white jigs. I fished out of my 2 man plastic boat, powered by a 36 lbs trolling motor and that is a fast as I would like to go! I started out with everything in front, and it would just turn circles, anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to alleviate this problem. I like the boat, especially when the water is infested with lower unit eating stumps, but if I do not have control, it is usless. Thanks for your help! Good fishin and if someone fished Paint Rock I hope you did well!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]