Posted by jd on November 01, 2002 at 12:52:45:
In Reply to: Boat storage - convenient to Guntersville tailrace posted by Mike W on October 31, 2002 at 13:10:21:
Economical, dry, and close to G-tailrace... hmmm... not sure if it exists. I have been looking for a new home for my boat in south Huntsville in the past few weeks and will let you know what I know and don't know.
1. Ditto Landing. Closest marina without trailering or locking-through dam. $70-96 in the 16-23 foot boat range. $96 for bottom racks, which may be what you need for charging batteries.
2. Someone help me here, but doesn't Honeycomb have a marina with dry storage? It might have went out of business. Honeycomb is upriver from the dam and only a few minutes in a boat.
3. Decatur is roughly 30 miles? by means of water and would be your next option downriver.
4. Depending on how much money you wish to invest, Whitesburg Boat and Yacht Club area has some boathouses for sale from time to time. I recently saw one in paper for $9,000. Might sound like a lot, but better than $1,000 a year for storage place with no return on your investment. This might be a tax deduction too. It is close to Ditto Landing. I think they may also rent some sheds, but I have yet to get in touch with them.
5. A few places in South Huntsville have sheds for boat storage. Most are full and have a waiting list, but I have messages for a few others to return my call. If interested, let me know and I will post more when I find out more. Range from $50 to $85, without and with electricity, respectively.
Good luck, and let us know if your find better alternatives!
Post a Followup