Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 10-31-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on October 31, 2002 at 17:08:52:

DATE: 10-31-02
LAKE LEVEL: 560.0
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: High 50's - Low 60's
WATER CLARITY: Dingy but fishable

CRAPPIE: We have had a lot of rain but the lake is still fishable.So don't let the weather scare you to death.First major cold front
rapidly approaching.Crappie that are taken now are going to be 6-8 foot around the docks and 10-12 on the old river channel.Would
advise you fish from the Cedar Bluff bridge down unless you know the upper end of the lake pretty dog gone good. Bubble Gum has
been a hot color along with red/ blue/white.Catching a lot of 9 1/2 & 9 3/4 fish which should make for a pretty good spring.

BASS: The bass have slowed up but should turn back on by the weekend if the weather will settle down.Rat'l Traps and broken back
Shad Raps are producing well.

WHITE BASS: Haven't seen any in the jumps since Monday.Cold front will slow them up.Best way to find them would be trolling for
them like you would crappie.

STRIPE: Stripes being taken adjacent to the old river channel.Up river and down river.Have had some good reports from bass
fishermen.Best bait still live shad.I still haven't seen the birds as of yet but they will be here soon.

CATFISH: Being taken in their same old haunts.

With this cold front coming thru it will slow everything down for a day or two.The fall is my favorite time to fish.It is every bit as good
in the fall as it is in the spring.The water is low so be CAREFUL or we will have our usual 1/2 off prop sale.If you get down here and
have boat or motor trouble give me a holler and I can help.If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to "holler". Good
Fishing! Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]