More on jurisdiction

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on October 27, 2002 at 20:37:25:

In Reply to: Re: hunting license posted by Kerry Grissett on October 27, 2002 at 19:58:15:

Below is a quote from the Code of ALabama that explains the jurisdiction of game wardens, etc. I would assume that the statement "full and unlimited police power and jurisdiction" would definitely give them jurisdiction to fine a land owner for hunting on his own private land without a license. Here again, I am not sure. I forwarded a copy of the original post to the addresses I listed in my previous post in the hope that one or both of them will respond here. You've gotten me curious too! (grin)

This material can be found at:

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/143971.htm

Section 9-11-5

Commissioner, wardens, etc., constituted peace officers.

The Commissioner of Conservation and Natural Resources, his wardens, agents and employees shall be and are hereby
constituted peace officers of the State of Alabama with full and unlimited police power and jurisdiction to enforce the provisions of
the game and fish laws and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder, and they may exercise such power in any county
of the State of Alabama or in or on any waters of the State of Alabama or within the territorial jurisdiction of the state.

(Acts 1935, No. 240, p. 632; Code 1940, T. 8, §46.)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]