Guntersville crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on October 25, 2002 at 16:04:11:

The bite was slow today with a few really small fish still to be caught. In a little over a couple of hours I managed a few keepers with some chunky ones around 1.25 lbs and one slab weighing 1 lb 14 oz. Many folks would have called it 2.5 lbs, but I used my digital scales for the actual weight. I was bank fishing on Hwy 69 causeway, so I didn't get to check the water temperature. I caught fish with 4# test on bass assassins and tube jigs with 1/24 and 1/16 oz jigs, depending on current. Most of the fish were fairly close to the bank at about 7-10 feet deep. The dam was generating, but there was not much current flowing under the bridge while I was there. It seemed to go back and forth occasionally and that is when I caught all of my fish. I caught some fish under the bridge and some fishing off the point on the north bank. The water level is finally getting close to normal for this time of year, but still a little high. Watch out for DANGEROUSLY SLICK moss on the newly exposed rocks. Maybe more of the slabs will start actively feeding soon. It's time to start restocking my supply of fillets in the freezer, but todays catch will probably be supper tonight. Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]