Re: Crappie fishing on Paint Rock

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by oshi on October 22, 2002 at 07:02:51:

In Reply to: Re: Crappie fishing on Paint Rock posted by Charlie Garrett on October 21, 2002 at 15:11:07:

Thanks for your help and that definitly was the fish that killed my jig. As for water temp it went from 69 at the opening, back to 67 and 68 about 1 mile into the river. We put in below the dam and wanted to fish the big river banks but they were pulling to much water to fish it. Shoal Creek produced our biggest fish of the day, it was around 2 pounds! Quite a quality fish! I fish Weiss a lot and the water temp yesterday evening was 69 degrees and had come up from Sunday 3 degrees warmer. I caught 2 15 inch crappie and several small ones. Both fish were caught around the Riverside area in the blowdowns. When I first started yesterday evening, I kept missing fish. I checked my jig and I had tied on my Weeder to thick and the hook would not penetrate the mouth! Talk about frustrating! Well, come to Weiss and fish if you get the chance and thanks for the help with the Bowfin, Scaly cat, mean monster or whatever you will call it! I wonder how they taste?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]