Re: Crappie fishing on Paint Rock

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie Garrett on October 21, 2002 at 15:11:07:

In Reply to: Crappie fishing on Paint Rock posted by oshi on October 21, 2002 at 10:12:28:

I fished the Flint river on Saturday afternoon and had the same results. Caught 15+, but very few would measure. They were caught on minnow's, couldn't get anything to latch onto the bass-assasin. Plenty of taps, but they were not taking it. Tried deep water near the mouth, and back in past the bend. Almost headed to the Paint Rock (put in at ditto), but daylight was running out. Water must still be too warm, didn't check temp. as I haven't dug it out of storage. When I get a little more time, I plan to head to Paint Rock, it typically holds better quality fish than the Flint River.

As for the scaly cat, my guess is what you are refering to is a bowfin. These things are spooky, but fight like heck. I have caught several bowfin in shallows around Decatur, they'll hit anything. I had a 4 pounder completely destroy a buzz-bait. By the time I got it landed, the wire was bent beyond repair, and the blade was broke. Try surfing the web and see if a bowfin looks like your creature.

Charlie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]