Re: What is a poacher?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on October 20, 2002 at 09:59:53:

In Reply to: What is a poacher? posted by Kerry Grissett on October 19, 2002 at 22:58:28:

The 3 rod limit was considered in Tennessee but was not put into law. It is my opinion that the number of rods used, for example spider-rigging, should not matter as long as creel limits are observed.

I agree with you that enforcement is lackluster at best in Alabama. I have occasionally seen plain clothes game wardens with their trusty "rod and bucket" fishing at the Hwy 69 causeway / bridge, all the while watching to see who had more than their limit or some undersized crappie in posession. I think we need more of that sort of thing, but with deer season opening during peak fall crappie season I just can't see it happening. If our bassackwards state can't put a stop to proration in order to fund our schools and other essential state programs, how can we expect them to find the money for more game wardens? I wouldn't mind an increase in license fees if it would pay for more officers in the field.

Now that just about everyone has a cellular phone, except me, maybe more "phone toters" will have the courage to report the poachers at 1-800-272-GAME.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]