Re:G-ville Dam

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad lips on October 05, 2002 at 23:46:12:

In Reply to: Re: Water Temp posted by jojo on October 05, 2002 at 19:37:58:

TVA did not begin generation as predicted this morning. They started late, generating slowly, and shortly after that they kicked the turbines wide open, which is generally not a good thing. Rather than waste my time chasing down live bait, I started throwing a sassy shad and a crankbait without so much as a strike. I saw no big fish blow ups on top of the water either.

Since I gave up on the stripers I decided to try for some bass. I managed to lose a 4+/- pound spotted bass on a fat free shad that threw the hook after a nice tail walk. I lost another pretty good fish but never got a look at that one. I had moved from the main current to secondary current seams when they hit. Since the water was still so warm I called it quits by 9:00 this morning. I'm tired of sweating my tail off while fishing. For what it is worth, I'm putting in my order for some 40's and 50's at night.

I heard reports from reliable sources that several stripers from 6-13 pounds were caught from the south bank this week using live minnows as well as sassy shad. Maybe things will pick up soon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]