More on colder weather and stream flow

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on October 02, 2002 at 22:58:42:

In Reply to: Re: Hey Kerry posted by Kerry Grissett on October 02, 2002 at 20:50:18:

Something I have been keeping an eye on, aside from this long summer and also related to it, is stream flow and lake levels.

It seems to me that the best crappie fishing I do in the fall is when TVA generates or "pulls" water starting early in the A.M. That is from about 3am on. This is related to the warm weather because they (TVA) don't get into this routine until it gets cold enough for folks to start turning up their heat early in the morning while they are waking up, bathing, getting ready for the day. Also, I think they may have extended the "mosquito fluctuations" of 1 foot during this long, extended summer when they would have normally quit that by now. (Useless waste of time IMHO. It more likely helps the mosquitos more than it hurts them!).

Yeah, it's just a theory, but I think there is a lot to it. Especially concerning Tennessee river crappie here in north Alabama. In any case, colder weather is what we need; for lower surface temps and more productive stream flow.

Good luck saturday. I wish I had more "good" advice. (smile)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]