Re: Lake Guntersville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on October 02, 2002 at 10:53:39:

In Reply to: Lake Guntersville posted by Louisiana Bassmaster on September 29, 2002 at 20:40:50:

Bass on Guntersville are in the transitional phase now and may be for the next few weeks. Fishing for me has been TOUGH lately. We've had a much warmer than usual fall this year but by the end of the month the topwater bite should be strong. I like buzzbaits or Pop'n Image type baits fished around the edges of the weed lines. Crankbaits should produce some action along rip-rap as well as Carolina rigged lizards around humps adjacent to the river channel.
Since you've never been to the Big G you should probably consider a guided trip on your first day to put you on the right track. There are miles and miles of shallow weeds and you could be easily overwhelmed at first glance. The weather here in north Alabama is very unpredictable so what I've suggested may not work if this heat wave continues. My suggestion for a guide would be Troy Jens. I've never fished with him but I have heard many positive comments about him and his services -- never anything negative. It seems like I always his truck/SUV when I launch at the Waterfront boat ramp so I know he fishes Guntersville often.
I trekked to your great state a few months ago for some redfish and speckled trout action at the Southwest Pass near Cypremort State Park. What an awesome fishery!
Be sure to check the forum shortly before your trip for more details on what is actually working instead of what they should be hitting. Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]