Bank fishing below Wheeler

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on September 25, 2002 at 19:55:30:

First, thanks for the kind words from Alex and best wishes from everyone. My mother had surgery on tuesday to repair a leaky heart valve. The surgery was completely successful and she is recovering and doing very well. If things keep going like they have so far, we expect her to be better than before the surgery in good time.

Today I tried under O'neal bridge in Florence and caught one 2.5lb LMB, although there were plenty of them busting schools of shad (1.5 - 2 inches long and small for bait), it was hard to get them to hit anything artificial. Next I tried below Wheeler and at Spring creek. I only saw a few drum and 2 catfish caught below Wheeler from the bank and couldn't tell if the boats were doing any better. After catching 3 small drum under the shelter near the dam I left. At Spring creek, nothing. Good current flowing out of the creek under the bridge, but no shad visible and no fish showing themselves. There was one other guy there when I arrived and he said another fellow had caught about 17 stripe (I think it was stripe) before I got there, but nothing was happening while I was there. Only about 10 minutes.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers for my mother.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]